Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™
Are you an international student currently studying at a post-secondary institution in Atlantic Canada, and want to live, work, and stay in the region after your graduation?
The Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ program is for exceptional and motivated international students who are committed to living, working, and contributing to communities in Atlantic Canada.
Beginning every fall (September/October) through to July, each respective Atlantic Canada province provides this free pre-employment program to connect final year (graduating) international students to the labour market, helping them build valuable employment skills, workplace knowledge, and build meaningful and professional connections through workshops, networking, mentorship and events. These activities are designed to support international students to stay, live, and work in Atlantic Canada as they transition from ‘student’ to ‘professional’. In Newfoundland and Labrador, the program is also focused on entrepreneurship skills and opportunities for students considering starting their own business.
Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ focuses on:
- Cultural and social adaptation
- Professional communication
- Career and labour market support
- Networking and professional connections
- Access to immigration resources and support
- Entrepreneurship (NL)
Students: Applications for the 2020-2021 cohort will open in July and August. Please check the province you are studying in for more details and to apply for the 2020-2021 cohort!
Mentors: Mentor applications for 2020-2021 will open in October 2020. Please check back then for our next mentorship intake. If you would like to be added to a waiting list, please contact the coordinator in your province
Before you begin your application, here’s what you need to know and the steps you will need to take:
- Step 1: Click on one of the four provinces above. Choose the province you are currently studying in. You must be entering your final year of study to be eligible to apply.
- Step 2: Register a profile with the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ program.
- Step 3: Upload a mandatory one-page ‘Letter of Intent’ (please have this ready to upload before you begin the online application process). Write a maximum 1-page, double spaced ‘Letter of Intent’ telling us who you are and why you are a good candidate for the program; tell us why you want to join the program and what do you intend to contribute during the program and after graduation. We want to see that you are committed to staying in the province you are currently studying in. Your ‘Letter of Intent’ will allow us to learn more about you and your motivation for wanting to join the program and ensures that we choose the right candidates for the program. IMPORTANT NOTE: When uploading your ‘Letter of Intent’, please be sure that it includes your first and last name, and the school you are studying at. This information should be included in both the document title and the file name. Letters that do not include this information may not be considered.
- Step 4: Complete your online application. Once you have created your online profile, you will be prompted to complete your application to the program. Give yourself approximately 45 minutes to complete your application. NOTE: You cannot save your file and return to it, so be sure to give yourself time to prepare and complete your answers.
Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ Program - Use of Information Policy Statement:
By continuing with the online application, please know that the personal information collected in the application form for Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™, through the En Point Mentorship platform, will be used by program staff and partners, for the purpose of reviewing applications and assigning mentor/mentee matches based on the information provided by mentors and students. Please provide as much information as possible to help us in consideration of program eligibility, and to make the best suitable match. Information gathered on this form will only be shared with the program coordinators (staff), and program partners. If you have any questions about the collection and use of this personal information, please contact the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ Retention Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org